Curried Parsnip Soup
Curried Parsnip Soup combines fresh parsnips and a touch of curry powder. This full-of-goodness delicious soup will warm you up on a cold winter’s day. Ideal as a lunch or as a starter. Suitable for freezing.
Per serving: 130 Calories, 0.3g fat
Prep time 10 mins
Cook Time 20 mins
400g fresh parsnips, peeled and chopped quite small
600ml chicken (or vegetable) stock plus a vegetable stock pot.
3 medium onions, peeled and chopped
1 tsp medium curry powder
Rapeseed oil spray
Freshly ground black pepper
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray with rapeseed oil. When hot, add the chopped onions.
- When the onion is cooked through, sprinkle over the teaspoon of medium curry powder and cookout for about two minutes.
- Add the chopped parsnips, stock, and stockpot to your soup maker or add to the pan of onions once they are cooked. Add freshly ground black pepper.
- Boil until the parsnips are cooked through then liquidise until smooth, adding more stock if too thick.
- Serve in heated dishes with either a drop of yoghurt or garnish with a sprig of fresh coriander.