Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta
Brussels Sprouts with Pancetta are a great accompaniment to a Christmas dinner! Adding a few extras to vegetables transforms them, adding texture and a contrast of ﬂavours. For a vegetarian option you can use veggie bacon slices instead of pancetta and cook in the same way.
Per serving 116 calories, 7g fat
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
450g (1lb) Brussels sprouts
1 vegetable stock cube
4 slices pancetta or smoked streaky bacon
freshly ground black pepper
- Remove the loose outer leaves from the sprouts, using a small paring knife.
- Make a small nick in the form of a cross in the stalks.
- Cook in boiling water with the stock until just tender.
- Chop the pancetta or bacon into small pieces.
- Preheat a non-stick pan. Add the pancetta or bacon.
- Dry-fry for 3 – 4 minutes until crisp, then remove from the pan and place on kitchen paper.
- Wipe out the pan with kitchen paper.
- Return the pancetta to the pan, add the cooked, drained Brussels sprouts and mix well.
- Season with pepper. Spoon into a serving dish and keep warm until ready to serve.